1. On a post-it note, list one topic you still want to write about but haven't yet.
If you can't think of anything, list one thing you are excited for that will happen within the next two months.
2. Grade Check and Make-Up Assignments
3. Visual Deadline Assignment (you will each be assigned a different story from the Team Drive)
You are responsible of shooting a set of 5 pictures for the story assigned to you. Follow these steps and criteria:
- Read the story and leave comments/edits (request access from the author)
- Come up with ideas for photos or photo illustrations
- Submit your photos/photo illustrations next class period.
- Take at least 5 photos
- Photos must be sharp and focused on a subject
- Photos must be bright and high in contrast
- Photos must make effective/creative use of background and foreground
- Photos have to be relevant to the story (you must clear your idea with the story’s author before)
- Photos have to show action
- All group members must participate in editing, idea generation, and photography
- Photos must be taken with an iPhone 5s./Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer (or equivalent) or one of our Journalism cameras
- Choose the two best photos and write a caption for them, describing what is happening in the photos
4. Edit stories, then work on visuals.
5. Work on missing assignments during downtime.
6. Exit Ticket:
- What did you accomplish today?
- How is your visual going to add to the story? How are you planning to make it visually appealing?
- What are you struggling with and how are you dealing with this struggle?
- What are your next steps to complete your visual by next period?
- Today: 1 Topic and Exit Ticket
- Friday, January 5 by midnight: Visual Deadlines and captions