Journalism 1 - 1A
Language Objective: I will generate interview questions and begin interviewing and researching for my article.
Essential Question: How do you conduct effective interviews?
1. Journalism Vocabulary
2. How to lead with the 5Ws, 1H
3. Model Article:
4. Interviewing Basics: Inside Reporting, page 79
5. Write up questions for your sources.
Record all interviews: Activity
6. Interviewing etiquette, begin reporting/researching
6. Deadline Requirements:
- Length 400-500 words
- Must contain quotes from at least three sources (2 of them must be primary sources)
- double-check your formatting for quotes (We will talk about this next week.)
- stories must be written and shared in GoogleDrive, 1o pt. Times font
- coordinate story illustration with a photographer or artist; all stories MUST have at least one illustration
- Share finished stories with firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload all in one doc:
- Questions for your sources
Journalism 1.5 - 3A
- Check with Grammarly
- How could the lead be more effective?
- How could the story go more into depth?
- Anyone else the author could interview?
- How could the ending be strengthened?
- How could this article become more objective and less opinionated?
- What headline(s) would you give this article?
2. Edit and revise your articles.
3. Website Eval: Go to thewarriorledger.com, browse it and write down the following:
- 3 things we could do better
- 2 things that are working well
- 1 new idea you have to make this website better
- Final Draft Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2017
- TODAY: Website Eval on Canvas
2. Journalism Advertising
3. Journalism 1 Feedback
- Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2017