Journalism 1 - 1A
Language Objective: I will edit and revise my rough draft and give feedback to two of my peers.
Essential Question: How do you effectively edit and revise the rough draft of a news story?
1. Bell Work: Staying in third person
2. Deadline Pitfalls: Some things to avoid.
3. Headline writing Activity:
Create two versions of a headline for your story (one longer one shorter)
4. Peer Reviews and Edits:
Go through the steps outlined above and give feedback to two other students before going back and revising your own deadline.
- Bell Work
- add headline (two to your draft
- Peer reviews (comment on two others)
Journalism 1.5 - 3A
Language Objective: I will pitch a new story idea and begin working on a new deadline.
1. Current Events research/generate your story pitch - 10 minutes
2. Story Pitch
4. Begin working on Deadlines
Assignments: Rough Draft deadline: Friday, February 10, by midnight