Language Objective: I will edit and add to my rough draft.
1.) Bell Work #4
2.) Read pages 50 and 51 in Tim Harrower's Inside Reporting (check out a copy in Ms. Floch's room)
3.) Common News Writing Blunders:
- Avoid boring leads
- Avoid cliches
- "Poorly formatted quotes are terrible," said Journalism adviser Ms. Stephanie Floch. (This is how your quotes should be formatted. Watch out for punctuation and use "said")
- Make sure each quote has its own paragraph
- Journalism paragraphs are MUCH shorter than English paragraphs
- Avoid opinionated language
- Avoid "you", "we", and "I" - always stick to third person
5.) Continue with Advertising Assignment
- Deadline: Rough Draft: Thursday, September 11, Edited Draft, Friday, September 12.
- Advertising Assignment: Wednesday, September 17.
Language Objective: I will report, write, and edit articles, photos, art, and digital content
1.) Staff Briefing
2.) Delegate interviews and illustrations
3.) Reporting and writing of deadlines
4.) Peer review and editing
- Advertising Assignment due September 17
- Deadline due September 12 by midnight