What are the elements of a good news photo and how do can you apply them when creating visuals to illustrate your story?
1. Model Stories/Pictures/Artwork:
Pick one example from each category of the 2015 NSPA Individual Finalists. What makes them stories/photos/artwork worthy of national awards? How might this help you structure your own story or create your own visual illustration?
2. Intro to Photojournalism
3. Sign up for your new deadline for this week. This can either be:
- a story (we need predominantly news, entertainment, and sports stories)
- two sets of photos (only for stories that already exist)
- a piece of artwork (only for stories that already exist)
4. Work on deadlines
- Deadline Rough Draft due: Friday, September 18, by midnight (both share with firstname.lastname@example.org and post on Canvas)
- Advertising Assignment due: Thursday, September 17, 2015
1. Staff Briefing & New Deadlines
2. NSPA 2015 Individual Awards:
4. Work on Deadlines
- Advertising due: Thursday, September 18, 2015
- Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2015 by midnight