Language Objective: I will peer-review and edit my current rough draft.
1. If you could only ask one effective question bout your story, what would it be? Write that question down.
2. Read these 25 Tips to Write Tighter Copy
2. Sign up for Grammarly and run your current rough draft through their grammar checker. Fix and check all mistakes found.
3. In your group, peer review the stories of two other people. Leave comments and suggestions on the following (Give the story a read-through for each.)
- What ideas could the author include to cover this story more in depth?
- Point out anything that is confusing
- Double-check the author's use and punctuation of quotes.
- Check for redundancies and suggest stronger verbs the author could use
- Check the effectiveness of the author's lead and ending
- Where did you stop reading or get bored? Mark that and offer suggestions how to make this story more interesting?
- Point out anything that is missing from this story.
4. Use your peer reviewers' comments to edit your story.
- Upload a doc containing the screenshots of both stories you edited.
- Revised draft due: Friday, December 2, 2016