Language Objective: I will peer-review, edit, and revise my latest deadline.
1. Journalism Basics Review: Go to join.quizizz.com and enter the code 869827 to take the quiz review on Journalism Basics.
2. For the next 15 minutes, read over your latest deadline and run it through Grammarly to fix any grammar and spelling. Once you have done that, also run it through Hemingway to edit any sentences that are hard to read as well as your use of adverbs and passive voice.
3. Get into groups of 4 and peer review each others' latest deadline. Remember to switch from Editing to Suggesting and leave comments and suggestions on at least three stories on the following questions:
- How could the author improve their headlines? (Make sure they have included a longer and a shorter version of a headline, that each headline has a verb and that t he author's name is centered below their headlines)
- How could the author strengthen the opening of their story?
- If this is a News story, does the author avoid being opinionated?
- What did you like? Why?
- What was confusing or needed to be explained more?
- What could the author do to go more into depth?
- Anyone else that the author could interview?
- How could the author improve the ending of their story?
4. Address any feedback you have received. Only resolve comments after you have fully addressed them. Begin editing and revising your work.
NOTE: If you submitted a final draft for last week's deadline, make sure all editorial suggestions have been addressed and pick a new topic for a deadline for this week.
- TODAY: Peer-Review Comments on at least three other stories (make sure to answer all questions under number 3)
- FRIDAY, MAY 5: Edited Draft due