Language Objective: I will edit and revise my rough drafts.
1. Bell Work: Read the following article: Mysterious remains of a whale found in a field in Utah
Then read its coverage by The Standard Examiner (for those of you who don't know, the Examiner is basically Davis County's Salt Lake Tribune): Utahns take the bait: fake whale ties up emergency lines.
Open up a GoogleDoc and write at least a paragraph on the following: How can and should readers of the media ensure the credibility of the articles they are reading. How can you as student journalists ensure that the online research you are using is credible? What are some things you should check your sites for?
Share your Doc titled [Your Name] Credibility with me when you are done. Writing should take you about 5 minutes.
2. If you turned in your rough drafts on time, you have feedback from me to work on, continue working on your final draft. If your rough draft is still missing, make sure to get it in to me by today.
3. During this period, make sure at least two other students read your story and offer you feedback (via GoogleDoc comments) on your story.
4. Continue working on deadlines for the rest of the period.
- Bellwork: Credibility
- Final Draft Deadline: Friday, December 12, by midnight
Language Objective: I will design the next issue of The Warrior Ledger to be published on December 17, 2014.
1. Staff Briefing: delegate photos still to be taken for this issue, make sure stories are complete.
2. Continue working on your pages.
3. Deadlines: any stories and photo content needed for this issue take priority. Please finish ASAP. Leiani will approve any new deadlines for this week.
- Issue #4 Print Date: Wednesday, December 17
- Deadline: Friday, December 12 by midnight