1.) Read one or more of the following news outlets for 15 minutes:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
2.) How to get story ideas and how to tell if they are newsworthy
3.) In your group, create a shared GoogleDoc. Make a list with as many story ideas as you can come up with.
4.) Pick your favorite idea and summarize it in 6 words (Six-Word Summary).
5.) Pick a story idea. In a paragraph, include the following:
- Six-Word-Summary of your idea
- Defend why it is newsworthy (make sure you can cite at least two instances of newsworthiness)
- List three primary sources (people you can talk to in person) for your topic
- List three secondary sources (websites, reports, etc. that might give you more info about your topic)
- Group list of Story Ideas
- Individual story idea (summary, defense, primary and secondary sources)
- Staff Briefing: Who is working on which deadline?
- Advertising Assignment
- Start work on deadlines
- Advertising Assignment due: Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Deadline #1 due: Friday, August 28, 2015