1. Choose five tips from the following articles on Photo Editing that you want to try in your own work:
- Ten Photo-Editing Tips from a Pro
- 8 Photo Editing Tips for Stunning Photographs
- Photo Editing for Beginners: A Guide
2. Work on your visual deadlines from last time:
For PHOTOS: Select one story in WL Issue 2 from the following: NEWS, FEATURE, SPORTS, (A&E ONLY IF IT IS NOT A REVIEW)
For ART: Choose one story in WL Issue 2 OPINION.
You are responsible of shooting a set of 5 pictures for the story assigned to you. Follow these steps and criteria:
- Read the story and leave comments/edits (request access from the author)
- Come up with ideas for photos or photo illustrations
- Submit your photos/photo illustrations next class period.
- Take at least 5 photos
- Photos must be sharp and focused on a subject
- Photos must be bright and high in contrast
- Photos must make effective/creative use of background and foreground
- Photos have to be relevant to the story (you must clear your idea with the story’s author before)
- Photos have to show action
- All group members must participate in editing, idea generation, and photography
- Photos must be taken with an iPhone 5s./Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer (or equivalent) or one of our Journalism cameras
Choose the two best photos and write a caption for them, describing what is happening in the photos.
3. To submit: Name your two best photos YourNameStoryTitle1 and YourNameStoryTitle2, then upload them to the VISUAL DEADLINES folder on the Team Drive.
Add a separate document, titled YourNameStoryTitleCaptions and add a caption for each photo. A caption must include who is doing what where when and how in the photo. Captions MUST be complete sentences.
4. Upload your best photo to Canvas. In a comment on the assignment, add your caption for this photo. Turning in work without caption will result in a 50% reduction of points.
5. Exit Ticket: Reflection
- What went really well in creating your visual?
- What did you struggle with?
- How did you overcome your struggles?
- What do you want to continue improving when it comes to creating visuals?
- Bell Work: Photo Editing Rules (5)
- Exit Ticket
- Visual Deadline 11/3 (INCLUDE CAPTIONS)