1. Bell Work: Look at the section your current article is in past Warrior Ledgers. Read articles that are close or similar in topic or structure and list the following:
- 3 things that the model articles you looked at are doing well.
- 2 things you noticed that you can do better in your article based on the models you looked at.
- 1 new idea these model article gave you, either for your current article or for writing in Journalism in general.
2. Peer Review your article with at least two other people. Look at their articles on the Team Drive and comment on the following:
- What is working? Why?
- What is confusing?
- Anything you want to see more of? Add ideas for who else the author could interview.
- Questions you wish the author would answer in this story. Leave ideas to improve this article's structure and to make it more interesting.
3. Work on your edits and revisions. Check your past articles in the WL Issue 2 folder as well as they may still need edits before printing.
4. Make sure your article has all of the following before you submit it on Canvas for this week:
- Two headlines (one longer, one shorter)
- Your byline (name and title)
- Contains at least three credible sources
- Must contain student interviews
- Is factual and well-researched; only contains opinion if article is an opinion piece or review
- Has a captivating lead and solid closing
- All comments from peers have been resolved--DO NOT RESOLVE OR REJECT COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WITHOUT ADDRESSING THEM!
- TODAY: Bell Work: Model Article 3-2-1
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17: Final Draft on Canvas and Team Drive