1. Bell Work: Avoid Redundancy -- Don't Say the Same Thing Twice
2. (IF YOU HAVEN'T YET): Sign up for your first deadline.
3. Choose three different leads (first paragraph) from articles currently published in The Warrior Ledger. Answer the following questions for each:
- How is each lead structured?
- What about this lead grabs your attention?
4. For 10 minutes, read and take notes on Inside Reporting, page 42 "Basic Leads." What stands out to you?
5. 5Ws and 1H Presentation.
6. List the answers (as far as you know) for the 5Ws and 1H of your story.
7. Write an example lead paragraph (1-3 sentences) starting with the angle of the question you highlighted.
Share your lead with a partner. Your partner's job is to edit your lead and improve it.
- Bell Work
- Sample Lead Notes
- p. 42 Notes
- Example lead and edits