Journalism 1 - 1A
Language Objective: I will evaluate the most recent copy of The Warrior Ledger and write two of my own story proposals.
Essential Question: What makes a story newsworthy and which ethical considerations should I consider when writing a news article?
1. Journalism 1 Disclosure and Kahoot.
2. Read the most recent issue of The Warrior Ledger for 10 minutes, then complete this Newspaper Evaluation Form.
Story Ideas and News Values
3. Storymap ideas
4. Write two story proposals
5. News Attitude Survey
- Warrior Ledger Evaluation Form
- Story Proposals
- Journalism Survey
Journalism 1.5 - 3A
Language Objective: I will conduct interviews, research, and begin writing the rough drat of my latest deadline.
1. Opener: Use the last two issues of The Warrior Ledger and read through the articles in the same section as the one you are currently writing. Make a list of the following:
- 3 Things that reporters are doing well (Be specific.)
- 2 Things you think could be improved (Again, make specific suggestions.)
- 1 New thing YOU want to try with your article.
2. Conduct interviews, research, and begin rough-drafting your article.
- Opener: 3-2-1
- Rough Draft due: Friday, January 20, by midnight (on CANVAS and share with email@example.com)