1. On top of your draft, self-assess how well you are doing (right now, based on your current draft) on the following. Rank yourself between 1 and 10.
- How interesting and engaging are your headlines? Did you include two? Do they both have verbs? (1-10)
- How effective is your lead in getting the attention of your reader? (1-10)
- How high quality are your sources? Have you vetted them appropriately? (1-10)
- How well are you transitioning between quotes and sources? (1-10)
- How well are you keeping your own opinion out of your article? (1-10)
- How well are you staying in third person? (1-10)
- How effective is the closing of your article? (1-10)
2. Peer-review your article with two others. Include comments on all the questions above.
3. Revise and edit your articles.
- Submit your self-assessments and peer review notes for today
- Submit your final draft by Friday, December 8