1. Finalize Story Proposals:
- Six-Word-Summary of your idea
- Defend why it is newsworthy (make sure you can cite at least two instances of newsworthiness)
- List three primary sources (people you can talk to in person) for your topic
- List three secondary sources (websites, reports, etc. that might give you more info about your topic)
2. How to Start a Story: 5Ws1H
3. Write a lead paragraph for your story. Share this lead with at least two people in your group. Have your partners leave you comments on the following questions:
- What is working well about this lead?
- What is confusing?
- What would you like to see more of/instead in this lead paragraph?
4. Story Assignments (This is your first deadline story. Stories must be checked off with Ms. Floch and be added to the Journalism board.)
- Length 400-500 words
- Must contain quotes from at least three sources (2 of them must be primary sources)
- double-check your formatting for quotes (We will talk about this next week.)
- stories must be written and shared in GoogleDrive, 1o pt. Times font
- coordinate story illustration with a photographer or artist; all stories MUST have at least one illustration
- Share finished stories with firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Advertising: You must contact at least 5 businesses and ask if they would be interested in advertising in The Warrior Ledger. Get the 2015/16 Advertising Rate Sheet from Ms. Floch. Make a note of any people (and their contact information) that you talk to who decline wanting to advertise with us so that they can be counted toward completion of your assignment.
Your GoogleDoc for today should contain:
- Story Proposal
- Lead (+feedback and edits)
- Staff Briefing: Who is working on which deadline?
- Advertising Assignment
- Start work on deadlines
- Advertising Assignment due: Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Deadline #1 due: Friday, August 28, 2015