How can reading and analyzing the news articles of other journalists help you structure and execute your own news writing?
1. Bell Work: Use one of the following news outlets to read up on current events:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
2. News Article Analysis
Open a new GoogleDoc and answer the questions in the Google Slides above for the article you picked to analyze.
3. New Deadline (News article, artwork or photos)
4. Work on deadlines
- Rough Draft due: Friday, September 25, 2015
Which news articles are going to be included in our first issue of The Warrior Ledger for this year? Who is going to design which page(s) of this upcoming issue?
1. Staff Briefing
2. Wrap-up deadlines/photos etc.
3. WL 2015/16 Issue #1 Layout
4. InDesign Refresher
5. Begin designing pages
- Deadline (this should be a page design for most/all of you): end of Production week: September 30, 2015 (the sooner the better!)
- Issue #1 Publication Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015