Please follow the instructions below exactly. You will need to sign up for a new deadline idea and begin researching it today. Make a new Google Doc and title it "Notes for 11/10 Deadline." Take notes on each of the following steps (1-7):
1. Spend 15 minutes checking the news. Check both local, national, and international news. Don't just look at what's on the main page. Look at what is interesting to you. Include sections like entertainment, technology, and editorials (opinion stories) to get the most ideas.
- After going through the news, list three things you have seen in the news that would make potential story ideas for The Warrior Ledger.
- Include how you would make them relevant to students.
2. Check the school website and calendar and list three events, sports currently in season or important dates/assemblies that will happen during the rest of the year (November and December). List a total of three story ideas based on upcoming school events.
3. List three things you are currently passionate about. Be specific. Think outside the box.
4. List three groups around the school or school issues that you feel are underrepresented or not talked about in the newspaper.
5. Out of the 12 ideas you listed in steps 1-4, choose the one idea you consider the most:
- interesting to you and others
6. Sign up for your idea on the Journalism board and begin researching background information and create questions for sources you are going to interview. For each source you list, briefly note why you are interviewing them and what makes them credible sources with authority over their subject.
7. Exit Ticket:
- What is your story idea and how will you connect it to students?
- What do you still need to find out to write this story?
- What are your next steps for next period to begin writing this story?
Submit your Notes for Steps 1-7. Make sure you have included and fully addressed all of them. Title you Doc "Notes for 11/10 Deadline.