Language Objective: I will research, share, and pitch story ideas.
Research current events for 15 minutes. Use the following sites, come up with three potential story ideas, and answer the questions below:
- Which news outlet did you prefer? What did you like about them? What did you dislike?
- Were there any clear biases in any of these news outlets?
- What makes this story idea interesting?
- What specific angle (focus) would you take in this particular story?
- Why should we care about this as a school/community?
2. Give one, Get one:
Write your three ideas on a separate post-it each, then trade with a partner (someone you don't know) after the music stops.
3. Sign up for a new deadline OR a visual deadline as needed.
Issue #2 Release Date: November 28.
4. Peer-review/finalize any polishing your old deadlines may need.
- TODAY: BELL WORK: Story Ideas and News Outlet Evals
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2016: Deadline rough draft/visual