Language Objective: I will evaluate the most recent copy of The Warrior Ledger and write two of my own story proposals.
Essential Question: What makes a story newsworthy and which ethical considerations should I consider when writing a news article?
1. Journalism 1 Disclosure and Kahoot.
2. Read the most recent issue of The Warrior Ledger for 10 minutes, then complete this Newspaper Evaluation Form.
Story Ideas and News Values
3. Storymap ideas
4. Write two story proposals
5. Journalism Survey
- Warrior Ledger Evaluation Form
- Story Proposals
- Journalism Survey
Journalism 2 Disclosure and Seating
Teaching Moment Sign-Up:
Choose a slot in which you (or you and a partner) will teach us something new, interesting or helpful about Journalism, writing, reporting, graphic design, etc. for 15 minutes. This will be worth as much as one of your deadlines. Topics need to be cleared with me in advance.
- What's your story about?
- What are your focusing on?
- Which section would it fit into?
- Who are you planning to interview?
Deadline: Friday, August 26 by midnight