Language Objective: I will conduct research and interviews for a new story deadline.
1. Current Events: For 10 minutes, research local, national, and global news for possible new topics for this upcoming issue (to be published May 19).
- Write down THREE ideas for possible new story ideas for the paper. Remember that they MUST tie in the school.
- BONUS QUESTION: Since today is April Fool's, how do you know whether what you see in the news is real or not? What tips you off? How do you decide?
2. Add five things that are still coming up during this school year to this Story Idea Padlet.
3. Commit to a new deadline. Make sure it is focused, contains at least three sources, and it isn't something that has been done before. Begin work on your new deadline.
- Current Events bellwork
- Beginning of new deadline (research/interviews)