Language Objective: I will rewrite a part of "The Voice Imitator"
1. Writing Prompt: Write for 10 minutes.
- Who is speaking?
- What do you think a Voice Imitator is?
- Why are they inviting him?
- Why is he performing for them?
- What questions do you have to ask to have a basic understanding of what is going on in this piece?
4. What does this piece NOT say about the voice imitator?
5. Questions and Perspectives:
Ask a question about the character of the voice imitator that could clarify who he is.
Gain multiple perspectives of your peers.
Record their answers to your question, but also your answer to their questions to learn more about both their and your interpretation of this character.
6. Draw the voice imitator.
7.What parts of your drawing were based on explicit (direct) characterization? Which were based on implicit characterization?
8. If you could add one aspect to your drawing from someone else's drawing, what would it be? Why?
9. Rewrite "The Voice Imitator":
- Start with a moment of conflict or tension?
- Introduce your character with a moment of action that is unique to them?
- Include one significant detail of appearance
- What happens if the character fails? What’s at stake?
- Why should we care?
10.Highlight explicit elements in green and implicit elements of your writing in yellow.
- Writing Prompt
- Voice Imitator Notes