Language Objective: I will engage in a collaborative research project and produce a creative response on 9-Mile Canyon and the Fremont Culture in preparation for our upcoming field trip.
1. Reminder: The bus for the field trip to 9-Mile Canyon will leave on Monday, September 12 at 8:30 on the East side of the school. We will be back by 4. Bring your parent permission slip to be admitted.
2. Blitz-Research: Fremont Indians and 9-Mile Canyon
With your group, you will conduct research about the Fremont Indians and 9-Mile Canyon for the first 45 minutes of class. Please have each group member pick one of these categories to research:
- Life and Culture
- Society and Environment
- Remains and how they impact us today
As you are conducting your research, take notes on anything you find for your category.
Also, come up with an answer three higher level thinking question that you can answer in your research.
After 45 minutes, share your findings with your group and take notes on each other’s findings.
After you have shared what you have found in your research with your group, spend the last half hour of class creating and individual, creative response to your findings that includes at least two out of the four categories you researched.
Some ideas for your creative response could be, but are not limited to:
- a poem
- a short/flash fiction story
- a Journal entry from the perspective of a Fremont Indian
- a piece of art that includes aspects of your research
- Etc. -- be creative; apply your research clearly and creatively
Resources for Research:
- Research Notes
- Notes of your Group Share
- Creative Response