Language Objective: I will write, edit and revise my flash fiction to include my characters' goals, motivations, and conflict as well as significant details and fit it into exactly 300 words.
1. Writing Prompt: Write about a moment where your character isn't doing anything, but write about them and their surroundings in as much detail as possible. Write for 7 minutes.
2. Character Goal, Motivation, and Conflict:
- What is your main character’s main goal?
- What is your main character’s motivation?
- What is your character’s main conflict?
3. Finish your first draft of your flash fiction story.
Don’t worry about word count. Just finish the story first.
4. How can you make things worse or stronger in your story? Change that now.
5. Condense your story to 300 words exactly.
- Delete all unnecessary adverbs and adjectives.
- Then, make sure you are not talking about anything that does not directly pertain to your story.
- Does your story still make sense?
- Does your story have explicit as well as implicit meaning?
- Submit the revised draft of your flash fiction story. We will add finishing touches next time.