Language Objective: I will watch and read "The Tale of the Three Brothers" and will compare and contrast it and its themes to "The Pardoner's Tale" by creating a Venn diagram.
1.) Open a new GoogleDoc and title it with your full name, period and today's date.
Read The Book Thief for 15 minutes. After reading, answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea of your reading in one complete sentence.
- List two details that stood out to you in your reading. Cite textual evidence and use complete sentences.
- Make a connection. Compare how something in the text similar to something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- Contrast how something in the text is different than something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- List two questions that you had while reading. Make sure they are not answered in the text.
- 4A with: sfloch+4A@granitesd.org
- 1B with: sfloch+1B@granitesd.org
- 3B with: sfloch+3B@granitesd.org
- 4B with: sfloch+4B@granitesd.org
2.) On Friday, October 24th (A-Day) and Monday, October 27th (B-Day), you will complete our end-of-quarter theme analysis. See Theme Analysis Checklist.
3.) Read The Wife of Bath's Tale and write down any themes you find in this story as well as any textual evidence to support these themes.
4.) Answer the question assigned to you from the Wife of Bath discussion.
5.) Share your list of themes and add themes that have been shared that are not on your list yet.
Assignments (share your GoogleDoc with the appropriate address above):
- Bell Work Questions
- List of themes
- Wife of Bath discussion questions