Language Objective: I will conduct research and create an infographic using data relevant to the topic of my news article.
1. Bell Work: Current Events
For 10 minutes, read current events articles. Choose from the following outlets:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
- What data or sources are used in the article you read? (Look at statistics and numbers.)
- What can this data tell us about our society we live in?
2. Begin working on your Infographic Assignment. This will take you the next two class periods and is due at the end of Friday, March 4 (A-Day) and Monday, March 7 (B-Day)
- To get started, go to the PiktoChart Website and register for free using the email you are logged into your ChromeBook with.
- Here is a quick tutorial about how to get started with PiktoChart:
- Begin by researching at least 3 sources of data
- Decide which visuals (pictures, graphs, etc.) you will need in your infographic in addition to your data
- Begin customizing and creating your infographic
3. Exit Ticket: Answer the following questions on the bottom of your GoogleDoc:
- What influenced your decision-making in deciding which data to include in your infographic?
- What do you want your audience to learn from your infographic?
- Current Events Response
- Screenshot of Infographic
- Exit Ticket