Language Objective: I will summarize, list details, make connections and contrasts as well as question literary texts.
1.) Get your Kindle number from Ms. Floch. You will be responsible for this Kindle and its settings.
2.) Kindle Tutorial: This video review goes over some of the basics of the Kindles we will be using for your bell work as well as in-class reading.
3.) The Book Thief Trailer: this gives you a quick introduction of The Book Thief which we will be reading for bell work this quarter.
3.) Read Markus Zusak's The Book Thief for 15 minutes.
4.) After reading, you have 5 minutes to answer the following questions:
1. Summarize what you read.
2. List two details that stood out to you in your reading (quote text for this).
3. Make a connection between what you read and either: yourself, something else you read or watched or a connection about the world in general
4. Make a contrast: how is what you read different from your connection?
5. List two questions you still have after reading
4.) Share your responses in your group and with the whole class.
5.) Picture Day - We will be going down the Cafeteria to get your ID and Yearbook picture taken.
6.) Once your picture is taken, go to the "Contact Me!" tab on the top of this page. In the contact form, write about one goal you hope to accomplish at the end of this year. This goal can be personal, professional or school-related. Also describe some of the steps you will need to take to accomplish this goal. Hit "submit" when you are done.
- Bell Work Questions (summary, two details, one connection, one contrast, two questions)
- Goal and what steps you need to take to accomplish it (use "Contact Me!" tab to submit this)