Language Objective: I will read "The Pardoner's Tale" and identify and cite textual evidence to analyze themes and make inferences.
1.) Open a new GoogleDoc and title it with your full name, period and today's date.
Read The Book Thief for 15 minutes. After reading, answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea of your reading in one complete sentence.
- List two details that stood out to you in your reading. Cite textual evidence and use complete sentences.
- Make a connection. Compare how something in the text similar to something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- Contrast how something in the text is different than something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- List two questions that you had while reading. Make sure they are not answered in the text.
- 4A with: sfloch+4A@granitesd.org
- 1B with: sfloch+1B@granitesd.org
- 3B with: sfloch+3B@granitesd.org
- 4B with: sfloch+4B@granitesd.org
2.) Review what you know about The Pardoner.
3.) Read "The Pardoner's Tale".
While reading, identify 3 themes in "The Pardoner's" tale and write them on the left side of your daily participation document. On the right side, copy/paste any textual evidence you can find for each theme.
You have 30 minutes to read and identify three themes in "The Pardoner's Tale"
4.) After reading, open "The Pardoner's Tale Questions" and copy/paste your assigned question into your daily participation document before you answer it. Write your answer (remember that you have to justify your answer) below the question into your daily participation document.
5.) Share your themes and the answers to your group's assigned question in an in-class discussion.
Your daily participation document must be shared with the respective email address for your period and contain the following:
- Bell Work responses
- 3 themes from "The Pardoner's Tale" with textual evidence
- the response to your assigned "Pardoner's Tale" question