Language Objective: I will write and revise a rough draft of a 300-word flash fiction story using my outline and vocabulary prompts. I will provide feedback to my peers.
1. Bell Work: Read your chosen Quarter 4 Books for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Free write. Write about anything that stands out to you in your reading for 5 minutes. Be sure to include textual evidence.
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Choose the best sentence:
- They like to visit Pat’s and my house.
- They like to visit Pat’s and me house.
- They like to visit my and Pat’s house.
- They like to visit me and Pat’s house.
4. You have 15 minutes to finish writing the rough draft of your flash fiction.
Remember to include at least two of the following vocabulary prompts:
- rite of passage
5. Now, condense your word count to make sure you can fit everything into 300 words:
First, go through and delete all unnecessary adverbs and adjectives.
Then, make sure you are not talking about anything that does not directly pertain to your story.
- Does your story still make sense?
- Does your story have explicit as well as implicit meaning?
6. Share your work with a partner. Use GoogleDrive to provide feedback to each other. Make sure your feedback answers the following questions:
- What is something you really liked?
- What confused you?
- What do you want to see more of?
7. Use your partner's feedback to revise your story.
8. Exit Ticket: What is the explicit and implicit meaning of your flash fiction story?
Has it changed since you have outlined your story? How?