Language Objective: I can use instances of my own life to brainstorm what identifies me and create a ThingLink containing at least 10 things or experiences that define me.
1. Bell Work: Read your chosen quarter 4 book for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Freewrite. Write about anything that stood out to you in your reading for 5 minutes. Go into depth explaining what you read and why it matters to your overall understanding of the book you have chosen.
3. Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentence is correct?
a) The cat is laying on the floor.
b) The cat is lying on the floor.
c) The cat lies on the floor.
4. Think-Pair-Share: What is memoir writing?
5. Go to ThingLink and sign in using your Google account. Choose a picture (from Google or your own) and add at least 10 tags containing links, videos, pictures, and writing that matters to you and defines your identity and culture. Here's my example ThingLink for you to get some ideas.
Once you have finished your ThingLink, click on "Share" and copy/paste the link to it into your GoogleDoc for today.
6. Once your Thinglink is complete, write a half-page reflection on what you shared in your ThingLink. What does this say about your culture and identity?
7. Once your ThingLink and reflection are done, share your ThingLink with others in your group.
8. Exit Ticket: What was the most surprising thing someone in your group shared on their ThingLink? How did it confirm or change your view of them as a person?
In today's ThingLink, include the following:
- Reading Journal
- Daily Dose of Grammar
- Definition of Memoir writing
- Link to your ThingLink
- Reflection on your ThingLink
- Exit Ticket