1. Read your Quarter 1 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Find examples of three of the following in the book you are currently reading. Give textual evidence for each. (Choose 3 out of 5):
3. Find the slides for your group's section (each group/section gets two slides) and add the following to present to class:
- Summary, including at least three important lines and why they are important.
- Two connections (including why you made this connection)
- The most significant polarity in your section, including textual evidence, why it is important for the text, and why it is still significant today.
Beowulf Jigsaw 1B
Beowulf Jigsaw 3B
4. Which reading strategies help you the most with a text like Beowulf?
5. Split the following terms (vocab lists 1 and 2) between your group members. Find examples in Beowulf for all of them and explain why this is a good example:
- Epic poem
- literal meaning
- figurative meaning
6. Go to kahoot.it for a quick Beowulf review
- Reading Journal
- Beowulf Slides
- Literary Terms in Beowulf