Language Objective: I will write an argument in a pre-test to assess my prior knowledge and ability of argument writing.
- Read your chosen quarter 2 books for 15 minutes.
- Open up a new GoogleDoc, title it with their full name, period and date and click on “share” to share it with the appropriate email address. Write for 5 minutes on the question: In your opinion, what criteria does a book need to meet to be a “good” book? (If you aren’t much of a reader, think about what kinds of stories, TV shows or movies you like and which criteria they have to meet for you to consider them “good”).
- After writing, you have 2 minutes to talk about what you have written in your groups. Then, the person with the darkest shoes in the group will share what they have written with the rest of the class (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Open up a new GoogleDoc and title it your full name and “Quarter 2 Pre-Test”, click “share” and share it with the appropriate email address for your period.
- To complete your Quarter 2 Pre-Test: You have the rest of the period to write a 250-word argumentative essay on the question: As a society, are we too dependent on technology? Include both arguments for and against your stance on this issue. You may add research to support your stance, but your research must be relevant and you must cite your sources.
- Once you are done, double-check that your Quarter 2 Pre-Test document is shared with Ms. Floch. If you have time left in the period, you may continue reading your book.