Language Objective: I will take Focus Notes on Into the Wild Chapter 2 and make inferences about Chris McCandless' character based on textual evidence.
1.) Read your Quarter 2 book for 15 minutes.
2.) Reading Journal: Free Write
Write about anything that stood out to you in your reading. Use textual evidence in your writing and write for 5 minutes.
3.) Daily Dose of Grammar:
Which sentence is correct?
- Squiggly ran to the forest, and Aardvark chased the peeves.
- Squiggly ran to the the forest, and chased the peeves.
- Squiggly cowered under a rock but felt brave.
4.) Review Into the Wild, Chapter 1
5.) Read Into the Wild, Chapter 2 and take Focus Notes. Make sure to copy/paste the template into your class document. Hit ctrl+a to highlight the document, ctrl+c to copy and ctril+V to paste it into your own document.
6.) Complete the Character Inference sheet on Chris McCandless. Copy/paste this into your document as well (see instructions above).
7.) Exit Ticket:
Chapter 2, The Stampede Trail.
- Earl Pilgrim purchased what to house his employees?
- What did the hunters find in the bus?
- What do they decide to do with Chris?
In your document, be sure to include the following: