Language Objective: I will edit and revise my flash fiction to include my characters' goals, motivations, and conflict as well as significant details.
1. Read your Quarter 4 Book for 20 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: What does the main character in your novel want? How are they trying to achieve this? What happens if they don't succeed? Is the conflict in your novel an effective one? Does it keep you interested?
3. Before you go back to your story, answer the following questions:
- Goals: What does your character want?
- Motivation: What happens if your character does not get what they want?
- Conflict: What prevents your character from getting what they want?
4. Read through your story. Are all three questions (goals, motivation, and conflict) answered in your story?
If not, find a way to add them in!
RUN SPELL CHECK!
CHECK CAPITALIZATION AND APOSTROPHES!
5. 3 Steps to Significant Details
- Highlight the three most important details in your story.
- What is the explicit significance of these details? What’s their implicit significance?
- Describe your significant details as vividly as possible. Try to use your 5 senses to come up with unique descriptions that aren’t cliche.
6. Share your story with two partners.
Add comments using GoogleDocs on these three questions:
- What is something you really liked?
- What confused you?
7. Apply your partners’ feedback to your story!
RUN SPELL CHECK AGAIN!
8. Exit Ticket: Write a 100-word reflection on this project:
- What came to you easily?
- What did you struggle with?
- How did you overcome any struggles?
- What did you learn from this project?
- What do you feel you still need to improve?
- What would you change next time?
- Reading Journal
- Final Draft of Flash Fiction
- Exit Ticket/Reflection