Language Objective: I will conduct research and identify relevant evidence to use in my informational vlog.
1. Bell Work: VSauce: What's the shortest poem?
After watching, reply to the following questions:
- What makes this vlog effective? What could be improved?
- How does the style VSauce uses to create his blogs differ from the Vlogbrothers?
2. Informational Vlog Assignment:
With a partner, decide on an informational video blog topic (you may use any of the topics you covered in your news articles or come up with a new topic). Your schedule for this assignment is as follows:
Thursday, March 5/Friday, March 6: Research (information, data, pictures)
Monday, March 9/Tuesday, March 10: WeVideo Tutorial, begin producing vlog script
Wednesday, March 11/Thursday, March 11: Continue producing vlog
Friday, March 12/Monday, March 15: Finish and upload vlog
Tuesday, March 16/Wednesday, March 17: View and evaluate vlog
3. Once you have decided on your topic, conduct research for information that you will be using in your vlog. Document your research and your relevant evidence in your GoogleDoc.
4. If you have a partner: Work on a shared GoogleDoc, so you both have access to your work.
5. Exit Ticket: What is the most interesting piece of information you found on your topic today?
How are you going to present your informational vlog to your audience?