Language Objective: I will identify and discuss propaganda techniques in advertisements.
1. Bell Work: Current events:
For 10 minutes, read current news on any of the following media outlets:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
1. What about what you read was new and interesting?
2. Where were the reporters biased in any way, meaning, where did they show their own opinion on the issue in the way they covered them?
2. Propaganda Techniques Handout
3. Propaganda Techniques Assignment: With your group and using the Propaganda Techniques Handout, look at each advertisement given to you (we will be using paper for this!) and determine which type of propaganda technique is used in each assignments. In your GoogleDoc for this period, write the number for the advertisement and the propaganda technique used.
4. Library visit to browse and check out nonfiction.
5. Fill out Nonfiction Sign-Up
Your GoogleDoc for today needs to contain and be submitted on CANVAS:
- Current Events bell work
- Propaganda Techniques assignment