Language Objective: I will begin writing the rough draft of my informative article.
1. Bell Work: Current events:
For 10 minutes, read current events articles. Choose from the following outlets:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
- How does the article you read start? How does the author try to make it interesting?
- How does the article you read follow the Inverted Pyramid model (starting wit hthe most important fact and moving on the least important ones)?
2. Inverted Pyramid Model: Structure model article
3. Begin writing your article. Make sure your interviews have been transcribed and you have pieces of your two online sources you are using.
- Length: 400-500 words
- must include 3 in-person interviews
- must include 2 secondary (online) sources
- must be factual, without reporter's opinion (opinion of sources are okay); must treat the subject in depth and fair and balanced
- no opinionated language or "I" or "you" statements, stick to the third person
- "Format quotes correctly," said English teacher Ms. Floch.
- include headlines and bylines (your full name)