Language Objective: I will take and caption a news photograph related to my news article.
1. Bell Work: Read the new issue of The Warrior Ledger for 15 minutes.
After reading, write a short Letter to the Editor, containing the following:
- What was something that really stood out to you about the paper/article you read?
- What was your reaction to what you were reading?
- Do you have any suggestions for improvement or ideas for stories reporters might cover in the future?
2. Intro to Photojournalism
3. Click on the Padlet for your period:
Caption This 4A
Caption This 1B
Caption This 3B
Caption This 4B
4. Sign out for a journalism pass to go and take your photo. If you need to take your photo outside of school, make sure you have a concrete idea before you go out and take your photo. See guidelines for this assignment in the PowerPoint.
5. Once you have your photo, open a new GoogleDoc and name it [YOUR NAME] Photojournalism. Email your photo to your Gmail (the email you use to log into your ChromeBook. Open the photo on your ChromeBook and drag it into your GoogleDoc.
6. Caption your photo. See PowerPoint for instructions.
7. Below your caption, write 3-5 sentences, justifying why and how this picture is relevant and adds to your article. You may include anything about your process of getting this picture.
8. Upload your assignment to CANVAS and submit it as the Photojournalism Assignment.
- Letter to the Editor
- Photojournalism Assignment (Due by Sunday, February 22, midnight)