Language Objective: I will begin writing the rough draft of my informative article.
1. Model Article: Inside Reporting, p. 49
2. Finish your rough draft: News Article Rubric
- Length: 400-500 words
- must include 3 in-person interviews
- must include 2 secondary (online) sources
- must be factual, without reporter's opinion (opinion of sources are okay); must treat the subject in depth and fair and balanced
- no opinionated language or "I" or "you" statements, stick to the third person
- "Format quotes correctly," said English teacher Ms. Floch.
- include headlines and bylines (your full name)
Turn in the link to your rough draft. To do this properly, so I can give you feedback, follow these steps:
- Click the "share" button
- Click on "Get shareable link"
- Where it says "Anyone with the link can view," click on the drop-down and change to "anyone with the link can comment" (If you don't see this option, click on "more" and find the "anyone with the link" option and change the blue drop-down to "can comment"; hit "save" to complete.
- Click on "copy link" to copy it and hit ctrl+v on Canvas to add the link into the website url box to submit your assignment