Language Objective: I will complete a characterization chart on all Pilgrims in The Canterbury Tales and take a quiz matching characters to statements they would make.
1.) Bell Work: Read The Book Thief for 15 minutes. After reading, answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea of your reading in one complete sentence.
- List two details that stood out to you in your reading. Cite textual evidence and use complete sentences.
- Make a connection. Compare how something in the text similar to something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- Contrast how something in the text is different than something in your own experience or something you read or watched.
- List two questions that you had while reading. Make sure they are not answered in the text.
3.) Take the Pilgrim Inference Quiz using your Characterization Chart as your notes.
NOTE: If you missed this class, schedule a make-up date for this quiz with Ms. Floch.
4.) Turn in your Characterization Chart with your quiz.
5.) Look at these important lines from "The Miller's Tale". Based on these lines and what you already know in the Miller, write a one-sentence prediction about what you think is going to happen in "The Miller's Tale".
- Bell Work Questions
- Characterization Chart