1. Go to Amazon and look up any reviews for the book you read during Quarter 1. Choose one five-star and one one or two-star review to compare. Once you read a few reviews and have chosen two, list the following:
- 3 things that in your opinion make a review effective or helpful
- 2 things a review should address (plot, character, writing, etc.)
- 1 thing that you specifically want to add to your review because the reviews you read haven't mentioned it or didn't mention it in detail
2. Book Review Assignment:
Write a 250-300-word review of your quarter 1 book. Check out an example review here.
In your review, include the following:
- GENRE: (if you are unsure about what genre your book is, look it up on Amazon and check out the product information section)
- FAVORITE LINE(S):
- REVIEW: This is the main body of your review and should include 4 out of the 9 Yardsticks of Value in the presentation here. You have already written on some of these in your reading journals. Do make sure to make this review coherent and expand on your reading journals. This part should be about 250 words long, so plan on at least 50-75 words per "Yardstick" that you choose.
- THEMES: list any issues this book deals with, for example: (love, friendship, drug abuse, apocalypse, etc.)
3. Once you have finished your review, update the PROJECTS page of your e-Portfolio with your Hero's Journey Essay. Add a brief write-up so that your audience knows what assignment this was and what you were asked to do.
On your BLOG page, add your book review as a new post.
If you haven't yet, add your resume to either your PROJECTS page or create a new page titled RESUME.
4. Hit "publish" and copy/paste the blue link to your e-Portfolio beneath your book review before uploading it to Canvas.
- Quarter 1 Book Review
- E-Portfolio Update