Language Objective: I will format, self-assess, peer-review, and finalize my essay.
1. Format your essay:
Open a new document and title it: English 12 Hero's Journey Personal Statement. Copy/paste ONLY your draft into this new document (all comments should be resolved at this point).
- Upper left corner (single-spaced):
- English 12
- Personal Statement
- Today's Date
- Insert page numbers (click into header, hit "insert" > "Page numbers" and select upper right corner. From your page number go back one space and add your last name before the page number.)
- Rest of the paper: double-spaced; size 12 Times New Roman
- Come up with a creative title for your paper (other than Hero's Journey or Personal Statement) and center and bold your title.
- Indent each paragraph by 0.5 inches (hit tab to do this). No extra blank lines between paragraphs
2. Check spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. Read your draft at least twice.
3. Self Assessment (beneath your draft): Identify your draft's strongest point and weakest point. Justify your decision.
4. Share your essay with two other people. Use the checklist/rubric to comment on your two partners' essays, then use their feedback on yours to edit your own.
5. Before you submit, make sure ALL comments are resolved and you have grammar- and spellchecked your document again. Double check formatting and turn in your essay by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 24 (A-Days) / 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 25 (B-Days).
- Final Draft of English 12 Hero's Journey Personal Statement is due no later than 3:00 p.m.