Language Objective: I will take notes and generate questions and opinions on Chapter 2 of Hermann Hesse's Siddhartha.
Essential Question: How can identifying the Big Questions in a text help you analyze it and formulate a qualified opinion?
1. Read your Quarter 2 Book for 10 minutes.
2. Reading Journal #3:
- Who is the protagonist (if your novel is fiction) or what is the main issue (if your novel is nonfiction) of your novel? How are they first introduced?
- Is this introduction a captivating one? Why? Why not?
3. Daily Dose of Grammar #3: Which sentence is correct?
- Between us, we will find the buried treasure.
- Between we, we will find the buried treasure.
- Between you and I, we will find the buried treasure.
- Between you and me, we will find the buried treasure.
4. Cornell Notes Template (keep the rest of your notes in this doc; copy/paste your reading journal and grammar into this doc)
5. Siddhartha, Chapter 2 Instruction Slides
- Reading Journal and Grammar
- Group Cornell Notes on Chapter 2 (be sure everyone has fulfilled their role)
- Summary / Reflection question (last box of Cornell Notes)