1. Read: I Am Malala Chapter 3: Growing Up in a School (pages 40-57).
Reading Journal: How does this chapter show the value of education in the society Malala grows up in? What details stand out to you? What connections did you make to this chapter? Write at least five sentences as response.
2. CRAAP Test Review: Give one, get one.
On a sticky note, write examples for the each element of the CRAAP test (currency, relevance, authority, accuracy, purpose). Share notes and examples with five other students around the class.
3. Snopes and Politifact: Use them whenever you doubt what you are reading.
4. Participate in the Canvas Discussion on Credibility of News Sources. Choose two articles (one credible, one not) of a topic you are interested in.
5. Exit Ticket: What can you do to avoid the spread of fake news? Write a five-sentence response about the most effective things you can do.
- Reading Journal
- Canvas Discussion
- Exit Ticket