Language Objective: Students will discuss and analyze product video reviews.
- Get your assigned Kindle # from Ms. Floch. You will be held responsible for this Kindle and need to make sure to keep it well maintained, not to change any of its settings and let Ms. Floch know if/when its battery is running low.
- Kindle Tutorial - if you have never used a Kindle before, let me show you how it works. Make sure you remember which location you left off when reading so that you don't have to keep looking for the location you left off last time.
- Bell Work: Complete the bell work sheet. You can find instructions on each question here.
- Share what you wrote for your bell work within your group, then appoint one student to share one thing they wrote with the class.
- Quickwrite: If you could get any new phone you wanted, which phone would you get? What are some main criteria that would influence your decision? (Write for five minutes.)
- Share what you have written in your group, then appoint one student to share with the rest of the class.
- Make a list of all of the criteria that you based your decisions on as a group, then share this list with the class.
- Watch the following two video reviews of the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S3. Which criteria did the reviewers analyze? Did they leave out any criteria that should have been included?
- Form a group of 2 to 4 students. Within your group, choose a product to review. This "product" could be a phone, tablet, gaming console, computer or other gadget or it could be something more loosely defined as "product" like your favorite action movie or your favorite vacation spot. However, it needs to be a product that has been rated online or in other media, so that you can find more information about it. You will need to find at least two products to compare to each other for this assignment.
- Come up with a list of criteria to use to compare the two (or more) products your group picked.
- Turn in your bell work sheet along with your quick write on which phone you would get.