Language Objective: I will brainstorm and story-map ideas for a news article.
1. Bell Work: Current events:
For 10 minutes, read current news on any of the following media outlets:
- The Salt Lake Tribune
- The Deseret News
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Washington Post
- The Huffington Post
- What about the article(s) you read was new and/or interesting?
- What does the article NOT say or leave out?
2. Newswriting Basics: Story Ideas
3. Story-Mapping: Add your story mapping to your GoogleDrive
4. Create a Six-Word-Summary of your story idea
5. Upload your GoogleDoc for today to CANVAS. Make sure you use the GoogleDocs tab to upload your file, do NOT use File Upload.
6. Library visit: Check out the Nonfiction section for any book(s) that may give you further information on the topic you have chosen.
7. Complete the Nonfiction Sign-Up Form for the book(s) you will be using for your news article.
Make sure your GoogleDoc for this period includes:
- Current Events questions
- Story Mapping
- Six-Word Summary