Language Objective: I will identify and analyze traits of infographics, contrast pros and cons, and begin researching data to create my own infographic relevant to my research topic.
1. Reminder: Make sure you have turned in your final draft of your news article and your photojournalism assignment.
2. Bellwork: Watch the following video about infographics:
3. Complete the following TedEd lesson on infographics and visualized data.
Make sure you complete all of the following sections in this lesson:
- DIG DEEPER
4. To complete the DISCUSS section, first watch this animated infographic about diversity and the Oscars, then go to your respective class Padlet and answer the question posted:
5. Here are your instructions for your Infographic Assignment. This will take you the next two class periods and is due at the end of Friday, February 27 (A-Day) and Monday, March 2 (B-Day)
- To get started, go to the PiktoChart Website and register for free using the email you are logged into your ChromeBook with.
- Here is a quick tutorial about how to get started with PiktoChart:
6. Exit Ticket: On the bottom of your GoogleDoc, write down what in your opinion is the most important thing to consider when creating an infographic.
Include the following in your GoogleDoc before you upload it to CANVAS:
- Bellwork: Your definition of what an "infographic" is
- Complete TedEd lesson, include your findings for the DIG DEEPER section into your GoogleDoc for today
- Complete the Infographic Pro/Con Padlet for your class
- Exit Ticket