Language Objective: I will list questions that have guided me in my life and set up and customize an online portfolio.
1. Read your chosen Quarter 1 Book for 15 minutes.
Sign up for the book you chose to read this quarter on the Book Sign-Up Form.
2. Reading Journal: Write for 5 minutes.
- What is the book you have chosen about and why did you choose to read it?
- What are your expectations for this book? Be specific.
2. Daily Dose of Grammar: Choose the correct sentence from each pair:
- a.) Squiggly knew one of the justices of the peace.
- b.) Squiggly knew one of the justice of the peaces.
- a.) I hardly ever buy DVD’s anymore.
- b.) I hardly ever buy DVDs anymore.
3. Discuss: What makes a website effective?
4. Go to weebly.com and set up your professional ePortfolio. Follow this tutorial if needed.
Your portfolio needs to have the following:
- Home Page (this is the first page people see when they pull up your page), containing:
- A short bio (3-5 sentences about yourself; stick to third person)
- Your three questions from last period (edit this first)
- (If you are comfortable) A professional picture of you
- Blog page: For writing prompts and journal entries
- Projects page: For longer, edited projects, essays, and videos
Customize your ePortfolio to truly make it "yours."
5. On your home page: Add three long-term (post-graduation) and three short-term (within the next year) goals. Keep them professional or related to you as a person. For each goal, add two bullet points about how you are planning to accomplish your goal.
6. Add your name and the link to your online portfolio to this form.
- Reading Journal
- Daily Dose of Grammar
- ePortfolio Link and Goals