Language Objective: I will write a narrative essay about a mistake I have made and reflect on how it shaped me into who I am today.
1. Bell Work: Read your Quarter 4 book for 15 minutes.
2. Reading Journal: Look back at the opening of your book:
- What is the moment of action with which your main character is introduced?
- What is their most distinguishing physical feature?
- List three details that you learn about this character explicitly and three that you learn implicitly.
3. Writing Prompt: Piano Tree. Write for 10 minutes.
Write for 5 minutes.
5. Think of a mistake you made in your life that you have learned from. What was it? What did you learn?
6. Copy into your document and cold read Jessane Collins' A Mistake That Should Last a Lifetime.
7. Spend 10 minutes talking to the text. Comment and highlight to create at least two of the following:
8. Write a rough draft of the mistake you learned from. Aim for 200-300 words for your rough draft.
- Reading Journal
- Writing Prompt
- Reflection on Influences
- Mistake brainstorming question
- "A Mistake That Should Last a Lifetime" annotations
- Mistake rough draft