1. Journal: "Find Me" - Write for 10 minutes.
2. Review: Abbey/Olson
- What is Abbey for?
- What is Abbey against?
- What are two examples of each?
- What is Olson for?
- What is Olson against?
- Provide an example that illustrates this. Be sure to explain how it illustrates this.
- How are Abbey and Olson's ideas connected? Think positive to positive and negative to negative.
3. Cornell Notes Template
4. Watch: Cosmos, Episode 1: Standing Up On The Milky Way
5. After each 10 minutes, we will pause for 2 minutes to review with a partner and two minutes to revise notes.
6. Review/Expand notes to include the following:
- The Universe before telescopes
- Giordano Bruno
- Lucretius: On the Nature of Things
- Bruno’s vision
- After his vision
- Return to Italy
- After his death
8. Connection: How does Giordano Bruno connect to Abbey's and Olson's ideas?
- Cornell Notes