Language Objective: I will edit sensory and significant details my "Favorite Mistake" essay and make sure I show instead of tell in my narrative.
- Read your Quarter 4 Book for 10 minutes.
- Reading Journal: Choose three details that stand out to you in your reading. Try to find details that appeal to your five senses (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell). Why are these details important for your book?
- Finish your rough draft of your Mistake Essay. Be sure to include both what happened (expression) and what you learned from it/ how it changed you (reflection). Your essay should be between 500-700 words long.
- Highlight 3 important details in your essay.
- Make sure to describe these important details in a unique, non-cliched way. Show instead of telling and try to use all of your five senses (sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch) in your description.
- Peer-review your essay with a partner. Leave comments on the following:
- Spelling and Grammar
- What is working well?
- What is confusing?
- What would you?
- Address and fix the feedback you got on your essay.
- Submit your reading Journal
- Submit your rough draft with your peer feedback